Friday, July 27, 2007

Ever Changing...

Life is always changing, isn't it? Some people love change, some people hate it, some just go with the flow. Personally, I love comfort - but don't we all? I can change, as long as the change is comfortable. :) But that is not what God calls us to, is it? Change often brings about additional work, pain, adversity, and "learning opportunities". It is definitely challenging, but always causes me to seek the Lord more fully and causes my faith to grow and mature even more.

My most recent change, or pending change, is job related. I have worked on the same team for the past 6 1/2 years and it is the BEST team ever - far surpassing anything I've ever been a part of. We work well together, we care about each other, we have a playful spirit, a willingness to work hard alongside each other, and the ability to lay back and enjoy one another. Yes, I'm very comfortable and, if I had my own choice, I would stay with my team for another 10 years. But, this past week I have been faced with a major decision, a decision that is not easy to make. Within the past week I have been approached by two separate managers, each requesting me to fill a position under them. I've turned down many offers before, but these have come at a critical time, and will be key positions within the ministry. And for the first time in the past 6 years, I think it's time to leave my dear team. Not because I don't like working with them, but because there is a greater need. So, now I am trying to figure out which of the two positions has the greatest need. I have spent the past week asking, "Which job will I be able to grow more in?", "Which job will I be able to contribute to the most?", "In which job can I be most effective and make the most impact?" For a girl that can't even decide what to have for dinner, deciding between two jobs is nearly impossible!

In order to try and make my decision easier, I spent time meeting with the managers, asking questions and gathering all the information so that I could asses all the pros and cons. But, after all that, the decision just became harder. They are both very important positions, both very challenging, both under very wonderful managers,...the list goes on.... Then, today I was reminded that it is not I that needs to make the decision - but the Lord. Although I can anticipate what might happen in the future, and perhaps evaluate the impact of either position - God can SEE the future and KNOWS the importance of one job over the other. Does God give out neon signs? No, but He leads, guides, and directs those who earnestly seek Him. Oh, may I seek Him with all my heart! And may He provide the right person for the other job and may He be with my favorite team during the upcoming changes. Most of all, may He be glorified through my decision - regardless if it brings hardship or pleasure.

No comments: