Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air

Have you ever had a time in your life when you read something and it stuck out and seemed to be completely applicable to your present situation? You know, you're reading a passage in the Bible and one of the verses jumps out and grabs you. Well, I was reading in Proverbs yesterday and it happened. But this time it wasn't a single verse, it was the entire chapter! But the amazing thing is, if you know anything about Proverbs, most of the verses are very different and talk about completely different topics. Each one of those 35 verses touched on different issues that I have been dealing with, and not only did they grab my attention, they revealed what was buried deep in my heart and soul. Wow. That's when you realize that God knows just where you are and teaches you exactly what you need to learn. It's so comforting to know that God is in complete control; He knew that I was going to struggle with these issues, and He also planned the exact time that I would sit down and read that particular passage, and He prepared my heart to hear and understand what I was reading.

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12


Truly, we have a gracious God that would give us such an amazing thing as His very Word. There are so many truths within the pages of Scriptures that answer our every question and fulfill our every longing. We have only to look. Do we? I, for one, am guilty of not traveling to it's bountiful streams to refresh my spirit. How quickly I can forget the joy of seeing my Lord through the words written in the Bible. Yesterday was a breath of fresh air.

To those of you who have been praying for me, thank you. God is answering your prayers and helping me through this time in my life.

1 comment:

jcubsdad said...

Sometimes it is a breath of fresh air, sometimes it is a jack hammer that comes and cracks the hardened heart open. Yet other times it is a gentle dove come to remind you that he is in control.

It is great to be in the word, it refreshes, renews, challenges, teaches, rebukes and molds us into the great things he has for us.